- A question
- A newsworthy incident
- A startling statement
- A quote
- A human interest story
- Elevator Pitch
- Creating impact
- Tell them what you are going to tell and how long
- Use facts/analogies / statistics / opinions (provide reasons for the same).
HOW TO START YOUR PRESENTATION
- Walk up to the rostrum briskly (watching your steps) and place your script on it. Keep the Key Words’ Card in your shirt pocket.
- Wait for the Audience to settle down before you start speaking.
- Speak your first 3 sentence and then take a deep breath.
- THREE THINGS WILL DEFINITELY HAPPEN!!
1. FIRST THING – You will forget your script
2. SECOND THING Your heart will start pounding
3. THIRD THING You will panic.
THIS IS THE MOMENT YOU NEED TO COLLECT YOURSELF
- Take a deep breath. DO NOT LOOK UP
- Take the Key Word Card. Look at in style. DO NOT HIDE IT.
- Have a glass of water while looking at the Key Word Card.
- If you feel confident – Then restart. No harm mixing languages
- If you don’t feel confident JUST TAKE OUT THE SCRIPT AND START READING.
- Keep reading and you will feel confident in about 30 seconds.
- If still not confident continue reading till you feel confident.
- Once you come back do it alone again and again till you feel confident.